Tuesday, April 19, 2011

BOY OR GIRL???

I just had my 17 week ultrasound and appointment. Everything is going smoothly. I am definitely eager to be off from bed rest, but still have a long way to go. I have been getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks to check my cervix/cerclage as well as the baby. Matt could not make it to my appointment today so we had the ultrasound tech check the sex of the baby and she concealed it in a sealed envelope. When I got home I entrusted the envelope to Steph (our nanny) who agreed to make us a special gender reveal cake. The cake was either to be pink or blue depending on if it is a girl or boy. She baked the cake and iced it in white icing with cute Easter decorations since Easter is right around the corner. I had to wait all day long for Matt to get home from work before we could slice into that cake and find out if we are having a boy or girl. As soon as he got home we called our parents and sisters and sliced in. The cake was PINK, which means we are having a baby girl!!!!! I'm so excited and cannot wait to start planning the nursery and finding all of the cute outfits.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Size of baby:
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 17 lbs. so far. That's a pound a week!!!
Maternity Clothes: Still can squeeze into some regular clothes, but maternity pants are much more comfy
Gender: It's a GIRL!!!!
Movement: feeling some kicks and flutters here and there
Sleep: I have been sleeping much better now that I only get up once to pee 
What I miss: going out in public, shopping, seeing everyone
Cravings: nothing in particular, but I've been eating well!!
Symptoms: contractions here and there, hence the bed rest
Best Moment this week: Finding out we are having a GIRL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment